The weeks of October 20th-31st are School Bus Safety Weeks and School Bus Driver/Monitor Appreciation Weeks. Take a moment to thank your child's bus driver and/or monitor. They work hard to help ensure the safety of our students.
For the health of your child, Marion County Health Department, MSD Warren Township, and Community Health Network will be offering Warren students FREE FluMist vaccines the last week of October through the first two weeks of November. There will be NO CHARGE for the FluMist regardless of insurance coverage or self-pay.
FluMist will be for the students of Warren Township only (no other family members). *Children with chronic health issues such as asthma and diabetes must obtain their flu vaccine from their healthcare provider. **children under the age of 9 years may require a second dose of the vaccine at a later date, and families will be notified if this is the case for their child.
More information and consent forms will be sent home with your student when we return from Fall Intersession!
Thank you to the Health Department and Community Health Network for making this a possibility.
Mark your calendar and plan to join us at Washington Square Mall on Tuesday, November 18th, 6:00-8:00 p.m., as we celebrate American Education Week. All Warren schools and our high school/career center will have informational displays. Several school choirs will be performing and you will have the opportunity to view great art work done by our students. Check us out on November 18th and see What's Happening in our schools.
MSD of Warren Township District Framework
The research and the references upon which the framework is based are available upon request.
Museum Access Pass Information
Conner Prairie Interactive History Park, The Children's Museum of Indianapolis, Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art, NCAA Hall of Champions, and Indiana Historical Society have joined forces to make fun family learning available to more Indiana families. Families that participate in any of the state assistance programs. (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Food stamps, Hoosier Health-wise Insurance) Families can visit these locations for just $1 per family member on the account per visit. Some exclusions apply.
Online Access for Parents and Students
Parents/guardians and students attending Warren schools have online access to courses, grades, attendance, discipline, and academic history that is stored in Tyler SIS, our student information system. This information is real time and is available 24 hours a day from any location as long as you have access to a computer and Chrome, Internet Explorer, or FireFox. You can access Tyler SIS by clicking on the link below, entering your username and password, and clicking LOGIN.
College and Career Ready - It's in Your Future!
Indiana College and Career Readiness Standards are being taught in our schools and we want to help you understand these standards and give you ways to assist your student at home. Continue to check back as Dr. Cushenberry, superintendent, will share articles, websites, books, etc. to help you navigate this new territory. As always, contact your child's teacher or principal with any questions or concerns you may have.
- The Cognitive Science Behind the Common Core (Center for American Progress)
- Critical Thinking is the Key (Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation)
- NPR Ed - The Common Core FQA (May 27, 2014)
- Math Vocabulary Terms (Indiana Department of Education)
- What are Standards? (Indiana Department of Education)
Handouts from the Community Dialogue - How to Help Your Child in the New Academic Environment:
- General Resource Page
- Math Resources
- Reading Practices
- Language Arts, K-6, Presentation
- Scholastic Reading Inventory Performance Standards, K-6
- Math, 7-12, Presentation
- English, 7-12, Presentation
- English Resources, 7-12
Warren Township Awarded $28.5 million Race to the Top Grant
Before/After School Childcare
Before and After School Childcare for students in grades K-6 will be offered through the YMCA. Locations will be at each elementary and intermediate school. (The Early Childhood Center will continue to offer preschool daycare.) More information on this program can be found by accessing the flyer.
The Twenty-first Century Scholars
The Twenty-first Century Scholars Program began in 1990 as Indiana's way of raising the educational aspirations of low- and moderate-income families. The program aims to ensure that all Indiana families can afford a college education for their children. Income-eligible 7th and 8th graders who enroll in the program and fulfill a pledge of good citizenship to the state are guaranteed the cost of four years of undergraduate college tuition at any participating public college or university in Indiana.
Herbicide/Pesticide Notification Registry
The Indiana Pesticide Review Board has regulations that impact how school corporations may use pesticides on school grounds. MSD Warren Township follows these guidelines and we are inviting parents and guardians to join our Pesticide Notification Registry. By signing up for this registry, you will be notified, via email, at least 48 hours prior to a pesticide application at your child’s school, subject to certain exceptions. You will be invited to sign up for this notification each school year. Board Policy 8432-Pest Control
- Our Grounds Department will spray Speedzone, an herbicide for broadleaf weed control, on the following schedule:
Creston: October 6th through October 17th
Stonybrook: October 13th through October 17th
Please make proper notification to staff or anyone who might come in contact with these areas. A copy of the Material Safety Data Sheet is available upon request.If you have any questions please feel free to call Jerry Crites, 532-2804.
- Beginning Monday, October 13th, and continuing through October 17th, our Grounds Department will spray along sidewalks, pavement cracks, fencing, sign posts, and light poles at Liberty Park Elementary. They will use weed and grass killer herbicides, Hi-Yield Killzall &/or Pendulum.Copies of the Material Safety Data Sheets are available upon request.If you have any questions please call Jerry Crites, 532-2804.
- On Thursday, October 16th at approximately 9:00 a.m. Rid-A-Pest will treat the following Walker Career Center classrooms for spiders: Cosmetology, F106, F109, W310, W309. In addition to using residual spray products, Suspend &/or Cy-Kicks, the rooms will also be treated with Pertherin 0.5% (as insecticide fog product). The products are EPA approved and authorized for use in schools. The rooms will not be accessible to ANYONE (except Rid-A-Pest personnel) from 9:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. Copies of the Material Safety Data Sheets are available upon request.
If you have any questions please contact Jerry Crites, 532-2804.
ELO's are a chance for students to design their own learning plan based upon their career interests. Students cover classroom content while engaging in business-partner experiences. Click on the picture above to take a look at some of the available opportunities!