April 15, 2020
Thank you to those staff and families who participated in our K through 8th grade device distribution last week. We distributed 7,031 devices. A second round of device distribution is this evening from 5-7 at your child's home school. Please make sure to complete the device request form before picking up your device. This form is available on our website under the Learn at Home tab.
We officially started Learn at Home for grades K-8 and eLearning for grades 9-12 this week. Both of these learning structures are unique due to our circumstances and new to us in Warren. That being said, I want these next several weeks for our students, families and staff to be a very positive and meaningful experience. I would like to provide an overview of Learn at Home and eLearning.
Learn at Home Experiences were created on 3 guiding principles:
1. A focus on relationships through human connections
2. A focus on certainty and safety by creating a consistent experience
3. A focus on quality by focusing on select essential grade level skills
Learn at Home Experiences will occur in 3 ways:
1. Video Lessons on Essential Grade Level Content
2. Virtual Opportunities for Teacher and Student Connection
3. Choice Board Activities on Essential Grade Level Content
eLearning Lessons are provided to our high school students through their Canvas account by each of their core academic teachers. Lessons will be posted by 9AM each Monday and are due by 10PM on Friday.
Teachers in all grades are available Monday thru Friday from 9-4. If you have questions regarding Learn at Home or eLearning, please contact your child's teacher or use the hotline number 317-608-0545 or email MSDWarrenELearning@warren.k12.in.us.
On Thursday, April 16th at 7:00 pm, a live interactive Question and Answer Webinar will be available for K-8 students and families who would like to learn more about Learn At Home. Please use the link https://zoom.us/j/92796542237 to participate in the webinar.
Three Important Reminders:
- Tonight's board meeting is being live streamed at https://vimeo.com/msdwarrentownship
- There are no changes to the district food outreach program. Tuesday and Friday from 11-1 at our 11 locations and Wednesday from 5:30 - 7 at Post Road Christian Church and Lakeside Elementary. If you have needs beyond what is being offered, please call or email our hotline at 317-869-4308 or MSDWarrenOutreach@warren.k12.in.us.
- The Census Questionnaire plays an important role in determining money for our state and county. Please complete your census so that our community receives the money it needs.
Thank you to everyone for their patience, understanding and working together as we continue to learn how to best connect with our students during this unusual time.
Dr. Tim Hanson, Superintendent of Schools for MSD Warren Township